2018 – Year In Review
As we look back over the past 12 months, we recognize the hard work and dedication of the members that represent K9Force WDC.
We made a significant stride to provide the best training opportunities to interested individuals across the city, a place where we attract top talent, where there is opportunity for all, and the best place in Calgary to start and grow one dog training skills:
- Our members participated in 4 different competitions and earned:
6xBH, 2xAD, TR1, OB1 and 3x IPO1 each time placing on a podium!
o Cassandra and Asia IPO1 with High in Obedience, High in Protection, High IPO 1 and High in Trial
o Isabella and Azelle IPO 1 with High in Tracking
- We are happy to see that we have grown our community again! New members always welcome!
- We organized and hosted 4 seminars with the best helpers:
o 2 seminars with Jan Bohm
o Helper School with Marko Koskensalo
o Helper Seminar with Anthony Hartelaub
- Offered Heeling, Tracking and Sieger Show Workshops to general public lead by Isabella
- Our Rally Instructor Dani and her students participated in 7 different Rally-O competitions always placing in a top 3 and earning titles from Novice to Master.
- 7 different Obedience 101 classes and 2x Rally-O classes were offered during the year and attracted more then 100 dog lovers.
- We completely dominated Prairie Regional Sieger Show with 12 entries from 3 month to veteran classes and presentation of the progeny group!
We successfully collaborate with different clubs in a region to promote sportsmanship and team work.As we approach to our 3rd year anniversary it is appropriate that we ask the question “What holds us together and motivates us?” What is our culture, values, mindset and behaviors that have facilitated K9Force history? We promote what we stand for- Team Work, Trust, Commitment, and Accountability for each other`s success.
On this note, I want to recognize the efforts of all members in making K9Force a great place. Thank you for what you do every single day to make IPO community stronger and better. We look forward to continuing our journey to make an impact together with you.
On behalf of the K9Force Team, I’d like to wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2019.